ABBEY GRANGE MEDICAL PRACTICE – FREEDOM OF INFORMATION PUBLICATION SCHEME
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION
As required by the Freedom of Information Act 2000 this Publication Scheme provides a guide to the services and practitioners who practise at Abbey Grange Medical Practice. It is based on the model publication scheme for general practices produced by the NHS Freedom of Information (FOI) project board and the British Medical Association
This Publication Scheme is a complete guide to the information routinely made available to the public by Drs. Shi Ming Liu, Kate Antonia Welch, Angela Michelle Farrell & Shazia Khan. It is a description of the information about Abbey Grange Medical Practice and the General Practitioners who work there that is available to the public. It will be reviewed at regular intervals and we will monitor its effectiveness
Your rights to information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 recognises that members of the public have the right to know how public services are organised and run, how much they cost and how the decisions are made From January 1st 2005 the FOI Act will oblige Abbey Grange Medical Practice to respond to requests about information that it holds and is recorded in any format and it will create a right of access to that information. These rights are subject to some exemptions which have to be taken into consideration before deciding what information it can release
In addition to accessing the information identified in this Publication Scheme, you are entitled to request information about Abbey Grange Medical Practice under the NHS Openness Code 1995 Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you are also entitled to access your clinical records or any other personal information held about you and you can contact the Practice Manager at Abbey Grange Medical Practice.
Environmental information regulations enable similar access to environmental information as under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
How much does it cost? Publications are free unless otherwise indicated. Where there is a charge for providing information the cost will be calculated as set out in each class
How do we make information available? Information may be downloaded from our practice web site otherwise it is available in hard copy from the Patient Services Manager as indicated for each class of information
Feedback If you have any comments about the operation of this Publication Scheme or how we have dealt with your request for information from the Scheme please contact: Janine Town, Patient Services Manager, Abbey Grange Medical Practice, Norman Street, Leeds LS5 3JN Tel: 0113 2951844
Classes of information All information at the Abbey Grange Medical Practice is held, retained and destroyed in accordance with NHS guidelines
Our commitment to publish information excludes any information which can be legitimately withheld under the exemptions set out in the NHS Openness Code or Freedom of Information Act 2000
Where individual Classes are subject to exemptions, the main reasons are the protection of commercial interests and the protection of confidential personal information under the Data Protection Act 1998. This applies to all Classes within the Publication Scheme
The information included in this Scheme is grouped into 7 broad classes PRACTICE DETAILS – Class 1
- Details of the practice, organisational structure, key personnel and how we fit into the NHS
- This NHS practice is part of Leeds West Clinical Commissioning Group and provides services for patients meeting our registration criteria (available on our Registration Page). We provide services in accordance with a personal medical services contract held with NHS England & Leeds West Clinical Commissioning Group.
- A full list of our personnel can be found on the staff page of our web site
- This practice aims to follow national and local best practice guidelines including the NICE best practice guidelines and the National Service Frameworks
- A full list of local General Practices can be found on the NHS Choices web site
PRACTICE SERVICES – Class 2 The range of services we provide under contract to the NHS:
- A full range of general medical services
- Travel advice and immunisations
- Practice Nurses perform cervical smear tests
- A variety of minor surgical procedures including the treatment of warts are undertaken in the Practice
- Full antenatal care for pregnant women, including pre-conception advice
- Chronic long term disease reviews are undertaken by our Practice Nurses in conjunction with a GP where necessary.
- Child health surveillance including regular developmental checks and immunisations
- All the doctors have experience dealing with mental health issues
- During consultations patients may discuss all aspects of sexual health, HIV, Hepatitis, STDs, contraception, and health screening (cervical smears, breast checks and testicular examination). Patients of any sexual orientation are welcome to attend and all consultations follow the strictest rules of medical confidentiality
- Smoking cessation advice is available from all clinicians, as is referral to Leeds Stop Smoking Service
- Some services require information sharing with other health care agencies, for which we have a protocol (see Class 6)
- Surgery times – please view the opening hours page on our website to see our opening times, surgery hours, and out of hours provision.
- Members of staff conduct consultations in English, accordingly if translation services are required we ask that patients inform reception when booking an appointment.
FUNDING DETAILS & CHARGING POLICIES – Class 3
Abbey Grange Medical Practice receives money from NHS England according to its contract, in exchange for services provided for patients
We have elected not to publish further details of income received, or drug budgets, as we regard this information as confidential and believe that disclosure may be prejudicial to the conduct of Abbey Grange Medical Practice’s affairs. Details of GP annual earnings however, can be found on our website.
Current charges for private services can be obtained from Reception
GUIDANCE & INFORMATION LEAFLETS – Class 4
The following published information is available by collection from the Practice or by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope: Practice Leaflet
COMPLAINTS – Class 5
This practice follows the NHS complaints procedure when dealing with all complaints. A copy of the practice complaints procedure leaflet can be obtained from reception or by contacting the patient services manager.
KEY POLICIES & PROTOCOLS IN USE WITHIN THE PRACTICE – Class 6
Our policies and procedures, these include but are not restricted to those listed below
- complaints (£ 0)
- confidentiality (£ 0)
- data protection (£ 0)
- health and safety (£ 0)
- information sharing with other agencies (£ 0)
- removal of patients from the practice list (£ 0)
- zero tolerance to violence (£ 0)
- Repeat prescribing guidelines (£ 0)
CHARGES – Class 7
In this section we will publish any changes we make to this Publication Scheme after year 1, a referral point for all enquiries regarding information management in general, and any charges levied for documentation. Charges will be reviewed regularly
Cost of Information
Our Practice Leaflet is available free by collection from the surgery, or by supply of a self-addressed envelope, (1 copy per application)
Leaflets and brochures, are available free by collection from the surgery (1 copy per applicant)
You may connect to our web site and print unlimited copies of our information if you have the facility to do so. If you do not have Internet access, prints of information can be supplied at a cost of £0.35 per page. These costs will need to be paid on request of the prints, plus the cost of postage if required
Information provided by e-mail will be free of charge, where the volume of the request is considered reasonable, and is not expressly covered by specific fees
Enquiries All enquiries should be directed by e-mail to: email@example.com or in writing to the Practice Manager, Amanda McDermott, Abbey Grange Medical Practice, Norman Street, Leeds LS5 3JN.